Keep reading how the Aviv Analytical 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI enables the verification of pistol holding.
Furthermore, it has an extended range of compounds that are amenable for analysis, including low volatility large oil and wax compounds that cannot be analyzed by standard GC-MS. In addition, the 5975-SMB GC-MS enables much shorter analysis time and improved sensitivity that can be over three orders of magnitude on the molecular ions of large hydrocarbons as can be seen in the post "By how much is the Molecular Ion Enhanced in Cold EI".
- Sasagun oil which is an Israeli brand.
- WD 40 which is a general purpose "water displacement" oil that is sometimes used for fire arm maintenance since it is readily available.
- One Shot oil (www.hornady.com/store/One-Shot-Gun-Cleaner/) which is a special purpose gun cleaner oil.
Column: 5 m, 0.25 mm ID, 0.25µ film DB-5MS UI
Unique Suitability of the 5975-SMB GC-MS with Cold EI
- Molecular ions are exhibited for all the oil sample compounds including for large linear chain hydrocarbons, highly branched hydrocarbon isomers and large esters. The universal availability of molecular ions enables the use of RSIM traces while looking for unique isomer distribution fingerprints.
- The enhanced molecular ions and lack of ion source peak tailing significantly improves the detection sensitivity which is over three orders of magnitude better than of standard GC-MS for large hydrocarbons. Such good sensitivity is essential for trace oil analysis on human hands.
- The use of short column (5 m) with high column flow rate (5 ml/min) enables the analysis of oils including their large constituents.
- The use of short column (5 m) with high column flow rate (5 ml/min) enables fast analysis of oils in 12 minutes as compared to standard GC-MS oil analysis of 40-50 minutes. This rapid analysis further contributes to make this new method more practical.