Cold EI Improves all the central GC-MS performance aspects, including: identification, mass spectral information, range of compounds that are amenable for analysis, sensitivity (detection limits), speed of analysis, and response uniformity.
Eight categories of GC-MS performances are listed below and in each of them we have several sub categories (given in the number in bracket):
- Improved sample identification (13).
- Extending the range of compounds amenable for GC-MS analysis (3).
- Speed – faster GC-MS analysis (9).
- Sensitivity (12).
- Uniform, compound independent ion source response, quantitation and reproducibility (4).
- Improved compatibility with GC-MS enhancement technologies (11).
- Improved GC-MS maintenance, flexibility, ease of use and price (15).
- Improved utilization of mass analyzer specifications (5).